Monday, September 22, 2008

Day of many pictures

Today was an eventful sort of day.

First of all, it's Frodo Baggins' birthday. Happy Birthday, Frodo! So I took Frodo out for a photo in the backyard.




While I was outside, I encountered a ginormous spider web...



...and a tiny tree.



Later, I got to see Chinua Achebe speak at the concert hall of my school. It was such a privilege, to be in the presence of such a great author and hear him read from his works. I really need to read Things Fall Apart again. The last time I read it was back in high school.

They wouldn't let us take pictures during the program, but I have a photo from before it started that I quite like.



I'll end tonight with a quote:

"People create stories create people; or rather, stories create people create stories."
- Chinua Achebe

2 comments:

Jess D said...

I am in LOVE with that auditorium shot.

Anonymous said...

Me too. I just looked behind me at one point and thought "Oooooh, that's a picture." And I took it just in time, too, because about five feet away from the right edge of the photo were a line of people coming to sit in that next row of seats.